For this exhibition, members re-create or re-interpret artwork from a master artist. The member’s piece can attempt to be an exact replica or interpretation of part or the entire selected piece. The judged show will include several prizes, including a Popular Vote. Submission will consist of the master's reference work and brief description, 50 words or less, detailing why you chose this particular work of art to copy in your special way. Visitors very much enjoy reading these descriptions! (SAMPLE: Christina’s World is probably Andrew Wyeth’s most famous work. His style is very different from my own, so I thought this painting would be both fun and challenging. It was also my mother’s favorite painting, so it has sentimental significance to me.)
Show Co-Chairs: Andrea Frank (908) 377-2001 (call or text) and
Genie Lazcano (919) 896-3270 (call or text) Or email email@example.com
Judge: Catherine Martin, Owner / The Red Canvas Gallery in Apex
Fee: There will be a $25 Registration fee for this exhibition.
1st - $100
2nd - $75
3rd - $50
Five Honorable Mentions - $25 apiece.
Popular Vote *New this Year!* - $75
- Registration: Online registration begins August 14; you will then receive an email with submission details.
- Submission Deadline: September 14.
- Art Drop-Off: Cary Arts Center, September 28 from 1 to 3 pm
- Meet the Artist Night: Town of Cary Event, Cary Arts Center. September 30: 6:00 - 8:00pm.
- Reception & Awards Presentation: October 28 from 6 to 8 pm
- Art Pick-Up: Cary Arts Center, November 26 from 1 to 3 pm
- FALC members ONLY
- Any medium or style/genre of 2D artwork, including mixed media, photography, digitally manipulated or digital artwork.
- Member must be able to identify the replicated artist's name, title and date of piece.
- Artwork must be original art. You may sign your art. Signatures art will be covered during the judging.
- Maximum size, portrait or landscape, excluding frame: 18x24
- Members can submit up to 1 piece MAX, due to space restrictions
- Art must remain in the exhibit for the duration of the show.
- Artwork MUST be wired and ready to hang as per guidelines in the full prospectus, to be sent to registered participants at a later date.
PLEASE NOTE: The full Prospectus will be sent to Registered Participants at a later date.