The Mayton Hallways Show
- September 1: Submission deadline, 11:55 pm
- September 6: Artists will be notified of acceptance by this date.
- September 21: 11am - 1pm: Drop off
- January 9, 2023: Exhibition ends, pick up artwork 11am - 1pm
Show Chairs: Angela Somer & Sarah Redpath
Questions to: MaytonShowChair@gmail.com
This is a curated show.
Works sold from the show will be replaced with a work from the Waitlist. Please review FALC Display Guidelines attached to the bottom of this document.
Guidelines may have changed. Read carefully all the way to the end to ensure your work complies. Failure to comply with these guidelines may result in refusal to hang your art even if the art itself has been accepted.
All members of FALC are eligible to submit three pieces of 2D artwork in any medium.
Canvases must be framed or gallery wrapped 1.5” deep, edges deep and painted - integral to the composition preferred but solid painted allowed.
Work must be your original concept, using your own or copyright free reference.
Minimum size: 16x20 canvas size.
Maximum size: no side larger than 54” including frame.
Art reproductions - giclees, art prints, etc - not eligible.
Artwork created in an instructional setting, including private instruction,
workshops and art classes are not considered original artwork. - not eligible.
No copies, mechanical reproductions, molds or kit work will be accepted.
The artist retains copyright to his/her image(s), however, by submitting to this show, artist agrees to FALC's use of the images for publicity (including future FALC event promotion) and archival purposes. Artist agrees to abide by all rules in this prospectus. Submission of entries and entry fee, which is non- refundable, constitute agreement with all conditions set forth in this prospectus.
Below you will find a format for required information. Please email this information to MaytonShowChair@gmail.com along with digitized files attached to your email.
Attach individual jpg files of your artwork to the email - NAMED with the title of the artwork.
For Example: If your piece of art is titled Green Apple, name the digitized image of that artwork greenapple.jpg. Do not submit jpgs with randomly generated titles.
Please use this format for your submission email to the Show Chair:
To this email please attach the jpg digitized artwork files, with FILE NAMES CORRESPONDING TO ART TITLES.
FALC Display Guidelines:
All work must be totally dry and ready to hang.
Ready to hang means the following:
Dates and times
- Respect the delivery and pick up dates and times. Non-compliance may mean refusal of entry from the current show and the next show. FALC Volunteers are volunteering their time. Please be respectful.
- Work delivered must be physically labelled on the back with a tag, business card or handwritten label on the frame with the Artist’s name and contact information. This is to help us get your work to you if needed.
- Screw eyes large enough to support the weight of the piece.
- Please tape the raw ends of the wire to prevent injury
- Work on paper must be matted and framed. Large works (over 22 inches x 30 inches) should be framed using plastic, not glass, because of the weight.
- Work on canvas may be unframed if the edges are painted as an integral part of the work. Some venues, with larger size requirements, like The Mayton, require gallery wrapped canvas at 1.5” or more.
Appropriateness of subject
- FALC displays art in various facilities. Town of Cary facilities require work appropriate for a family setting. Not all FALC venues are TOC facilities, but if it is at the Page Walker, Cary Art Center, The Senior Center or other TOC facility, please be aware FALC must follow TOC guidelines. Look at the specific Show Description for these details.
- All entries will be handled with the best care possible, but FALC, its members, and the hosting facility shall not be responsible for loss or damage of any cause. By entering any FALC exhibition or venue the entering member agrees to abide by these rules.
- FALC requests a 25% (of the selling price) donation on works sold from these venues.
- FALC has the right to refuse work deemed inappropriate or presenting unmanageable display problems.
- FALC reserves the right to change these rules at any time.