Cary Ballet Conservatory
3791 NW Cary Parkway
Cary, NC 27513
The next show change is scheduled for Friday, February 16, 2018 from 11 AM to 12:30 PM.
It is on display starting Friday, February 16, 2018 until Friday, April 20, 2018.
Guidelines for displaying art at Cary Ballet Conservatory
- Only FALC members whose dues are current are eligible to display their art at venues and exhibitions.
- Each show runs for three months. (No show during October.)
- All paintings must be ready to hang, using wire, not sawtooth hangers. Make sure to use heavy gauge wire and screw eyes large enough to support the weight of the piece. Please tape the raw ends of the wire to prevent injury.
- All work on paper must be matted and framed. Large works (over 22 inches x 30 inches) should be framed using plastic, not glass, because of the weight.
- Work on canvas may be unframed if the edges are painted as an integral part of the work.
- Work must be appropriate for a family setting, and FALC has the right to refuse work deemed inappropriate or presenting unmanageable display problems.
- Liability: All entries will be handled with the best care possible, but FALC, its members, and the hosting facility shall not be responsible for loss or damage of any cause. By entering any FALC exhibition or venue the entering member agrees to abide by these rules.
- FALC requests a donation of 15 percent of the selling price on all works sold from exhibitions or venues.
- FALC reserves the right to change these rules at any time.
Duties for Show Chair at Cary Ballet Conservatory
The Show Chair for this venue is Sudha Soora. Members should call Sudha Soora at: 919-678-0609 or 919-244-0237 (cell phone), or email: email@example.com for more details. The Show Chair keeps a spreadsheet that includes:
- Coordinate with Cary Ballet Conservatory (CBC) regarding the dates at the beginning of the year. Each show runs for three months. (No show during October.)
- Art change is from 10:30 AM - 1:00 PM on a Friday.
- Coordinate with the school a few weeks in advance to remind of incoming show and confirm the date. Email a reminder to the members a week prior to the show. Request for volunteers to help.
- Before the day of the show change, complete the artist contracts (approximately the number from the last hanging plus a few more). Include show chair's name and phone number, the next show change/pick up date and time.
- Bring the tool box (provided by FALC) along with labels and contracts.
- On the day of the show change, plan to arrive at CBC thirty minutes before the artists to allow for setup time.
- Remove the art work from previous show.
- Bring two small tables to the front hall from the cafeteria, (located in the rear of CBC). Use the chairs from the front hall. Volunteers are needed here.
- On the table, set out the artist contracts, sign-out sheet for those picking up work. Set up the computer. It helps to have a volunteer to enter the list of art work and artist information.
- Collect the one dollar entry fee from the artists. (If you volunteer, you DO NOT have to pay!)
- Artists complete the contract and place a sticky note with the title in front of their paintings. Make sure all art has the proper wiring.
- Set out several pens, sticky pads, and calligraphy pens. A volunteer is needed to complete the following on labels:
- Name of artist
- Phone number of artist
- Be sure all art is hung properly and with its labels. A volunteer can help. Count the art pieces on wall and be sure it matches the number received.
- Around noon, call any artist who has not picked up their work.
- Keep a binder with all the white copies of the signed artist contracts and sign-out sheets of artist work.
- Take the tables back to the cafeteria. Take the chairs back to where you found them.