Announcements for April 2016
In Memoriam: Ella Tracy Williams
- Ella Tracy Williams passed away on April 17, 2016. Her family is having a memorial service for her on Mother's Day, May 8, 2016 at 3 p.m. at her church, The Salvation Army in Raleigh, located at 902 Wake Forest Road, Raleigh, NC 27604. Ella was a past president of the Fine Arts League of Cary and was an active member for many years.
Weekly Charcoal Drawing Retreat
- A new, adult class led by Aimee Cuthrell and offered at The Waverly Artists Group Studio and Gallery
-- Read more ...
Call for Artists
- Associated Artists of Winston-Salem is now accepting entries to the 52nd annual national juried Dimensions fine art exhibition. The show will be held in the Womble Carlyle Gallery inside the Milton Rhodes Center for the Arts in downtown Winston-Salem, North Carolina. The juror is Endia Beal, the director of The Diggs Gallery at Winston-Salem State University. Get the prospectus.
Volunteers needed immediately!
- Monthly Program Chairperson
Discover individuals to present demonstrations, hands-on demonstrations, presentations on topics related to the arts (e.g., psychology of artists/art, musicians and their art and others) through local contacts, art magazines, etc, for monthly member meetings
Meetings are held at 7:30 p.m. on the fourth Thursday of each month at Cary Art Center, except August, November and December. October meeting is always Bob Rankin Critique Night. Chairperson coordinates actual date with Bob.
Setup for Monthly Meetings starts at 7 p.m. in the room assigned by Cary Art Center.
Email information to Mark Luczak for insertion into The Sketch Pad on a timely basis.
Keep board members informed of progress.
It would be helpful to attend monthly board meetings on the third Thursday of each month. Some exceptions apply.
Please contact any board member if you are able to take on this responsibility. Duties can be shared between several members.
- Coworking.org building (This is a new show coming soon.) - once per quarter
Show chair responsibilitiesSet up the room prior to artists arriving for take-down and hanging
- Have a number of artist's contracts already completed with location, name and phone number, and dates of show
- Make sure all artwork is entered into FALC computer system
- Please contact any board member if you are interested in volunteering for one of these opportunities. You can find our contact information here.
To those who have already volunteered, thank you!