Announcements for January 2016
Memberships for 2015 expired on December 31, 2015. According to FALC records you need to renew if you received an email message from FALC. If so, please send a check to:
P. O. Box 3361
Cary, NC 27519-3361
- The membership page on the FALC web site site has a link to the membership application. This gives complete information and will let you update your membership data.
- The rates are:
General membership (Under 55) $30
Senior Membership (55 or older) $20
Volunteers needed immediately!
- Monthly Program Chairperson
Discover individuals to present demonstrations, hands-on demonstrations, presentations on topics related to the arts (e.g., psychology of artists/art, musicians and their art and others) through local contacts, art magazines, etc, for monthly member meetings
Meetings are held at 7:30 PM on the fourth Thursday of each month at Cary Art Center, except August, November and December. October meeting is always Bob Rankin Critique Night. Chairperson coordinates actual date with Bob.
Setup for Monthly Meetings starts at 7 PM in the room assigned by Cary Art Center.
Email information to Mark Luczak for insertion into The Sketch Pad on a timely basis.
Keep board members informed of progress.
It would be helpful to attend monthly board meetings on the third Thursday of each month. Some exceptions apply.
Please contact any board member if you are able to take on this responsibility. Duties can be shared between several members.
- Show chair for FALC Office - once per quarter
- Coworking.org building (This is a new show coming soon.) - once per quarter
Show chair responsibilitiesSet up the room prior to artists arriving for take-down and hanging
- Have a number of artist's contracts already completed with location, name and phone number, and dates of show
- Make sure all artwork is entered into FALC computer system
- Please contact any board member if you are interested in volunteering for one of these opportunities. You can find our contact information here.
To those who have already volunteered, thank you!